Love Local is an online, curated directory of independently owned small businesses, farmers markets and farms across the country that prioritize sustainability in their business practices and offer organic and/or sustainable products and services.
Love Local is a guide you can easily navigate to find locally made, small batch products. As consumers, we have the ability to vote with our wallets. Love Local makes it easy for you to support your neighbors and keep profits in the hands of small businesses that care about your health, the local community, and the environment. We’ve done our homework, so buying from a company in our directory eliminates the guesswork. You can buy with confidence that you’re supporting a local artisan, purveyor or farmer, making a purchase you know is ethically and sustainably made.
Each company included in the Love Local database has been thoroughly researched to ensure each company’s values, mission and actions align with the local and sustainable principles of Love Local.
Below are some of the criteria used to evaluate the companies for inclusion.
• Privately held, employee or customer owned companies
• Companies based in the U.S.
• Responsible stewardship of the environment and people
• Made in the U.S. or under fair trade principals outside the U.S.
• Anything manufactured outside the U.S. is done so with respect for the longevity and health of the local environment and community
• Eco friendly and sustainable raw materials are sourced responsibly
• Manufacturing waste is minimized or eliminated
• Non-toxic raw materials
Bath, Body & Beauty
• No ingredient or final product is tested on animals
• Packaging made from sustainable and compostable or recyclable material
• Organic, natural, biodynamic and non toxic ingredients
Farm Raised & Manufactured Food Products
• Animals are humanely raised and humanely processed
• Organic and/or biodynamic farming practices are used
• No GMO content
Stand for small batch, locally made and healthy products. Start searching and see what you discover.
You must be logged in to post a comment.